Focal Maritime

K Line commences own service with 3 LR II Product Tankers


Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha Ltd., (K-Line), Tokyo, is pleased to announce that three LR II type (DWT 105, 000 K/T) double-hulled product tankers will commence operations under own control. K-Line’s LR II fleet consists of two sister-ships, ”River Spring” and ”River Dream”, which were built in 1997 plus their younger sister ”Glory Crystal” built in 2000, which presently is being time-chartered from a Japanese owner.


In the current world market, about 50 LR II product tankers are being operated, 70 % of them under control of mid-to-long term contracts with trading houses, cargo receivers or shippers or under control of European owners’ pool, the remaining 30 % operated on spot market. In line with this situation, K-Line’s intention is to provide flexible transportation service with a reliable and effective combination for COA cargo and spot cargo, designed to successfully respond and satisfy customer needs in the main trade from Middle East to Far East/Southeast Asia.


For further details, please contact:


Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd.,Tokyo

Akira Otsu, General Manager, Tanker Group

Yutaka Kuge, Manager, Tanker Team

Tel: 0081-3-3595-5400 / 5496

Fax: 0081-3-3595-5599


Back to All Articles